on Jan 3, 2013 in Articles
, XBOX 360
| Comments Off
A fan has transcribed the first Tomb Raider multiplayer details from the latest issue of OXM. However, Square Enix is promising an official update during CES 2013 next week.
The information is as follows:
- He (OXM editor Dave Rudden) acknowledges that fans will be wary of changes.
- But of course comes back to say that after playing it feels the “creation and execution are coming from the right place.”
- Team Deathmatch is in.
- “a team of Lara’s surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as “scavengers.””
- Best-of-three matches, alternating between sides.
- “an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base … had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel…”
- “the maps aren’t too wide open”
- “lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces, destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara’s now trademark bow and arrow.”
- Second game type “Rescue” survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
- Rescue gives survivors a “bleed-out” time, that you can cut short with a “brutal” melee finisher.
- “Wind Chasm” was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
- Karl “dropped hints about a mode called “Cry for Help,” which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection.” Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
- Unclear if any other modes available.
- “select from a deep roster of characters.”
- “different stats and loadouts.”
- “primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee.”
- XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
- No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
- Can chose the same character as a teammate.
- Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
- “[Noah Hughes] goes on to note that while it make seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions…”
- Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
- Bow can be used to distract enemies.
- More QTE’s.
- “… Lara runs into a group of scavengers that includes a shielded man wearing a steel mask. Gunfire doesn’t work on this guy…”