As for those, who don’t know how to update Sony Xperia Sola to Ice-cream Sandwich. Xperia Sola’s Ice cream sandwich is not available right now, for all regions. This guide will demonstrate how to update Xperia Sola to ICS manually.
For installing ICS you need to install few softwares in your PC:
First install Flashtool 0.9.8 in your PC. You can download the software from here. Install this software, and if you’re running a 64 bit windows then start Flashtool 64 bit version. Make sure you have USB Debugging active.
Download the original ICS firmware from xda-developers.
Copy the firmware FTF file to c:\Flashtool\Firmwares
- Go to c:\Flashtool\Drivers and run “Flashtool-drivers.exe” to install the proper drivers for Xperia Sola
- After installing the USB drivers reboot your PC
- Go to c:\Flashtool and run “FlashTool” (if you have Windows 64 run “FlashTool64″)
- Click the flash button (yes: the thunder icon up left)
- Select “Flahsmode” and click “OK”
- Select the “MT27i 6.1.1.B.10″ firmware and click “OK”, DON’T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE
- Flashtool will prepare the files for flashing, just be patient
- A Window will pop up asking you to connect the phone in “Flashmode” showing instructions for an old Xperia phone: ignore it, here is how our shiny new Xperia Sola enters “Flashmode”:
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key
- Keep it pressed, connect the USB cable to your PC
- Release the Volume Down key when phone’s GREEN LED lights
- Flashtool will start flashing automatically, let it finish to 100%
- Disconnect the USB cable when Flashtool reaches 100% and indicates flashing has finished giving some extra info about activating debugging mode etc (don’t care, that’s optional)
- Turn on your phone (press and hold the Power button for some seconds)
- The first boot takes some minutes, don’t worry let your phone prepare your Ice Cream Sandwich for you